iCIMS Developer Resources Website
iCIMS is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that creates talent acquisition software. They have three core products that create a suite: recruitment, sourcing, and onboarding software. They also have a platform-as-a-service (PaaS), which brings together other software vendors, or partners, that plug into the iCIMS core software suite. This PaaS is known as UNIFi.
There is a branch within the UNIFi team that ensures partners are well integrated with the iCIMS software suite. This team was faced with an issue: partner developers who had a difficult time creating integrations with iCIMS due to the lack of clear instructions and resources. This, in return, caused a lot of work for the UNIFi team, not only explaining processes but also helping partners fix their code to integrate correctly.
We created a new, rebranded website with new page layouts in order to increase findability and credibility. This new website had an improved IA and implemented a new top navigation, allowing users to quickly jump to relevant sections. A forum was also implemented, which was essential to improving the self-help feature of the site. This redesigned website was able to save the UNIFi team at least 10 hours a week, freeing up time for them to mature the integration process, and subsequently attract more partners and increase overall revenue for the business.
- Ensure users are able to easily find the category of their integration
- Ensure users are able to create integrations from beginning to end
- Gathered business requirements for the project through stakeholder interviews.
- Conducted 1-on-1 interviews with partner developers in order to establish user needs and user goals. We also used this data to create proto-personas.
- Designed wireframes based on business requirements and user goals.
- Usability tested wireframes, both moderated and unmoderated, to determine any deficiencies.
- Identified a few gaps in the wireframe. One interesting gap I found was that we created a side panel to single out an often looked-for feature, but users did not notice it in our validation testing. This feature had to be removed and placed with the other features.
- Handed the wireframes to design to create a high fidelity UI comp.
- Worked closely with development to bring the comp to life, including providing CSS guidance to refine the site.
- QA'ed the final site before transferring it into UAT.